Work, Invest, Live.
Choose #yourbetterlife in Creston Valley- Kootenay Lake!
Creston Valley-Kootenay Lake has so much to offer in a location with the best rural-mountain lifestyle and a growing business culture. Join many businesses and people that are redefining success here.
– Community has a rich history in agriculture and forestry.
– Expansion in trades and niche industries.
– Exceptional high-speed internet access for home-based employees to work remotely.
– Supportive employment services centre – Kootenay Employment Services.
– Home to College of the Rockies – Creston Campus. Offers full-time, pre-apprenticeship and signature programs relevant to work available in the area. Upgrade or diversify your education to become workforce ready.
– Increased youth employment opportunities
– No commute times to worry about.
– Close proximity to two USA border crossings and Alberta
– Existing infrastructure to build your business
– An affordable place to locate and operate your business
– Diverse economic base
– Supportive business ecosystem
*Need investment support? The Creston & District Community Investment Co-op is a new community investment tool that aims to direct new, or pre-existing, investment capital from local residents into local ventures with community impact. Great for investors or business owners!*
– Exceptional quality of life and work-life balance
– A healthy and active community
– Unique agriculture scene with amazing diversity of tastes and local ingredients. Includes cherry orchards, dairy farms, meat producers, vineyards, berry farms, and mixed agriculture ventures.
– A diverse range of recreational experiences. Includes state-of-the-art recreation facility – the C&D Community Complex, golf courses, and access to several trails and lake activities.
The Creston Valley-Kootenay Lake Economic Action Partnership is one of twelve partner communities of Imagine Kootenay (IK) – a joint-initiative of local governments, economic development organizations and Chambers of Commerce with the aim of attracting and supporting investment and workforce development throughout the Kootenay and Boundary area.
In the 2017-18 fiscal year, Creston Valley-Kootenay Lake area performed in the Top 3 for ‘Most Viewed Community’ in the Kootenays!
Whether you’re an aspiring entrepreneur, existing business, or interested investor – we can help you!